Friday, April 29, 2011

First 5K sign up!!

I'm signing up for my first 5K today!!! aaaaahhhh!! I'm so so excited, but kinda nervous too. I'm signing up for the YMCA Heart & Sole Family Fun Run on May 21st.


Sounds like the race will be pretty laid back. There's no official timing system so I'll probably recruit my family to time me. My sister and mom will be competing in the 1K event. There's also a 50 yard dash for kids under age 6, so I'm going to enter the kids in that event. Now that should be pretty darn cute!
I'm thinking for this race, my goal will be to finish under 34 minutes. It's my first race, so I'm not sure what to expect. I don't want to be worrying about my time so much as just taking in the whole experience and getting my first race under my belt.

Does any runners out there have an advice for a first-timer?

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Brady and I are officially registered! I think we should get the kids headbands so the other kids know that they are there to win. lol!

Katie @ Parker Report said...

OMG, I totally have some!! Let's do it!

Kristen said...

You do will great! You will have a ton of adrenaline from the excitement and will run just a bit faster that normal. It is a Girls on the Run event as well so there will be a bunch of little girls running with their running buddies. Get towards the front of the start (not the very front)so you dont get stuck in a traffic jam of walkers

Katie @ Parker Report said...

@Kristen
Thanks Kristen! I didn't think about all the little girls running around! Hope I don't trample one of them!! lol