January is almost over, but like last year, I like to share my yearly goals to help keep me motivated. I think having written goals is really important. It makes it more real I guess.
-PAY OFF MY CAR. They always drive better when they are paid off, huh? ;)
-START 529'S FOR KIDS. Shoulda started this long ago, but better sooner than later.
-GET MORE SERIOUS ABOUT USING THE ENVELOPE SYSTEM. It's no secret I love Dave Ramsey, but I'm a slacker when it comes to using cash. I will get better at this!
-PAY FOR CORY'S COLLEGE WITH NO LOANS. I hope Sallie Mae drops dead. That's all I have to say about that.
-GET BACK INTO RUNNING 3X PER WEEK. I've taken more than a few months off from running. I've gained weight. I don't like this at all.
- GO KAYAKING ONCE THIS SUMMER. This goal is carried over from the last 2 years...no bueno. It will be done this year!
- MAKE IT INTO MY "HEALTHY WEIGHT" RANGE FOR MY HEIGHT...146-148. Got close last year, but taking time off from exercising at the end of the year did not help.
- GET NEW RUNNING SHOES.
-EAT MEAT 3X PER WEEK ONLY. I've been doing a lot of research on health and nutrition after watching the movie, "Get Vegucated". I'm trying to make more vegan choices in my daily diet. So far, I'm doing fairly good.
-DRINK AT LEAST 1 GLASS OF WATER A DAY. This might sound easy, but I'm a Cherry Coke addict. I drink a lot of pop, iced tea, and coffee. Not very healthy.
-WALK THE DOGS ONCE A WEEK. Walking the dogs tends to fall on Cory's shoulders. He is going to be super busy with school, work, baseball, the kids, and moving into a new house. This is something small I can do to help him out. It'll be good for me too!
-FINISH A 5K. I feel like I haven't been in the running mode for so long, I'm starting over! I'm not going to try and have any PR's this year, but finishing a race would be more realistic.
-READ 3 BOOKS THIS YEAR AND COMPLETE BOOK REVIEWS ON MY BLOG.
- BLOG TWICE A WEEK.
- COMPLETE 1 ITEM FROM MY BUCKET LIST.
- BUY LESS "STUFF". Getting ready to pack up and move has made me realize how much excess we have. I hate it! I'm going to try and make an effort to try to think about "want vs. need" when buying something.
- ONLY WORK ON 1 HOUSE PROJECT AT A TIME. I tend to want to work on 86 things at once. It makes it kinda hard on Cory to complete anything because I have him spinning in circles. I'm going to try and finish things before starting something new.