Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Comeback Post

We have a lot to catch up on, my old friends! Okay, well it was my 30th bday recently, so maybe I'm your old friend now. Anyways, last time we talked was in the beginning of October? Oh my. Well let's chat. Parker turned 5. By his request, we had a bowling party. It was a good time! And a bonus- Someone else got to do the cooking and the cleaning up? Yes, let's to it again!! He got his big yellow boat he had been saving up for, so he was happy.
Halloween was fun times. We hit the pumpkin patch and decorated the house and told spoooooky stories. The kids got to pick our their own costumes this year. Parker wanted to be a race car driver and Callie picked a butterfly. I was a girl from the 50's and Cory was a Greaser. We did lots of trick or treating and it was great!
Thanksgiving was nice and quiet. We had a big dinner with just our little family. Watched a lot of football. Then, Black Friday shopping with my mom of course! The Christmas season was fantastic! We did all our usual Christmas traditions..making cookies, looking at Christmas lights, writing wish lists, and we even went ice skating and enjoyed the Nutcracker ballet this year. We enjoyed Christmas Eve with Cory's family and had Christmas dinner with my fam. The kids got lots of fun gifts and I must say, so did I! Cory got me an amazing camera that I like to call my "fancy camera". I'm still learning how to use it.
New Years was quiet. Cory had New Year's Eve off, while I had to work so he and the kids played our fun "pop the balloon" game like last year....every hour they got to pop a balloon that had a fun activity in it. Of course we threw in a couple of chores just so we could point and laugh at them. We lit off some kid-friendly "fireworks" like poppers and sparklers.
Cory enrolled in college! He is working towards an AA right now and eventually will get his BA in computer science. What a smarty pants. This is something he's been wanting to do for a long time and finally we had the time and money to make it happen. Well, I don't know about the time part, but I guess you find time for something if it's important enough, right? Mostly, he wants Parker and Callie to see how important college is and he wants to set an example for them. Figuring out what you want to be when you grow up doesn't always happen at 18, but once it does, it's important to go after what you want.
My birthday was fun! My laptop broke awhile back, so it's been hard for me to keep up my blog, download pics, surf pintrest..ya know, the important things in life...So, Cory suprised me with a new computer! Awwww, it was so thoughtful and shocking, he made me cry that booger. My friends and family spent lots of time with me and gave me some awesome gifts...I'm so lucky to have these people in my life!
Oh, did I mention in the midst of all this we are selling our house? Yup, we found our dream house so on the market we go. So please send us happy vibes that we will have a quick sale. Callie starts a new ballet class in a couple weeks and Parker starts basketball again. Also, we have decided to home school Parker and Callie in preschool so that's been an adventure too. Whew, this year is starting off crazy busy!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Welcome back! Your blog missed you! :)

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.