Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New Training Plan

So I didn't exactly stick to my last training plan, but it did the job..Got me through my first 5K without killing myself. Hal Higdon still rocks the house in my book, but this time around, I'm going with a 10K training plan by Jeff Galloway. That's right, I am not going to tear my hair out if I have to walk at times while training. I think that's okay.

I'm heading into my second week of this 8 week program and so far, so good. Because I'm not planning on doing a 10K until next year, I am giving myself lots of time to increase my mileage with no stress if a workout doesn't go as planned. Here is what my next few weeks look like:

Week 2
Sun: XT (cross train)
Mon: REST
Tues: XT
Wed: Run 30 mins
Thurs: Run 30 mins
Fri: XT
Sat: Run 3 miles

Week 3
Sun: XT
Mon: REST
Tues: XT
Wed: Run 35 mins
Thurs: Run 35 mins
Fri: XT
Sat: Run 4 miles

Week 4
Sun: XT
Mon: REST
Tues: XT
Wed: Run 40 mins
Thurs: Run 40 mins
Fri: XT
Sat: Run 4 miles

At the end of the training plan, I want to be up to 6 miles on my "long run days" (Saturday). Right now during training, I am doing a run 5 mins/walk 1 min ratio. This has really worked well for me so far. I was able to run my last race with no walking breaks, so I am happy with that.

Guess what? I have a new training partner too...

Not Parker..Cory! Yay! I'm so happy to have the hubs join me!

2 comments:

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

So, is my hubby gonna be recruiting that guy one day!!

Great pic!!!

Katie @ Parker Report said...

who knows! Follow in his Uncle's footsteps!