Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Run On!

I cannot believe I haven't really ran in nearly 2 weeks!! I totally feel like Fat Bastard from Austin Powers..Ewwww...

Due to No Weigh May, I have no clue how much weight, if any, I've gained. I guess we'll find out June 1st!

Yesterday I went for a 3 mile walk and my shin and foot were burning and tight. I couldn't believe this morning how tight my whole lower body was. It sure doesn't take long to get back out of shape, does it?

Tonight I wanted to run some just because of the 5K I am running on Saturday, and I didn't want to go into it with such a long gap of no running at all. I ran a 1.5 route in 15 minutes, which is a kinda faster than normal pace. I ran the first mile with my mom and I think running with someone is always helpful for me. Afterwards, my foot, ankle, shin, and even knee were tight and sore, but is wasn't anything too bad.

I was happy though because I wasn't too out of breath and the pace felt really good. I was worried I would be much slower from taking the last couple weeks off and my time on Saturday would be humilating! Now I know I haven't lost the progress I've made and I'll be fine. Bring on Saturday and hopefully I can finish the day pain-free! :)

Oh, and did I mention I get to pick up my race packet from an actual Runner's Store? I am so excited to look at all the awesome running stuff that's out there!! The shoes, the gear, the clothes...yay!!

So come on all you runner followers..give this first timer some advice on what to expect on my first 5K!!

No comments: