Wednesday, February 1, 2012

First "Monthly Rewind" of 2012!

Was it me or was January a long month? Holy Cow! Last year, I shamelessly stole the rewind idea from Run With Jess, and would link up to her blog. This year, I've decided I'm going to change it up a bit with the monthly rewinds and add in some new topics. Here we go...JANUARY REWIND!!! (Totally yelling that in an Oprah voice)

Running By The Numbers

Total Miles: 33 miles
Longest Run: 3.6 miles See THIS post
Races: I complete the "Freeze Your Thorns Off Virtual 5K. See the above link for that race report. My slowest 5k ever, but it's all good!
Cross Training: I tried "The Firm", P90X2, and hiking. I was sore after each cross training day so I think they were all great workouts!


Size Matters

Monthly Weight Loss: -4 pounds. 0.5lb/week...I'll take that
Pounds Until Goal Weight : 9 more pounds!
Year To Date Weight Loss: -4 pounds...Duh!

Gettin' Edumacation

Books I'm Reading: High Crimes: Fate of Everest in an Age of Greed. So interesting, and sad. Why people want to die for a sport, I'll never understand.


Self Improvement: Sad to say, but I don't think I did anything specific thing this month to work on myself. I'll have to think about that one...Oh, I know! I completed my additional courses that my work requires us to take on the computer. That's pretty lame, but it's all I got right now.

Jammin' Out

Did you know I have one of these beauties now?



I've added some oldies and newbies this month...Florence and the Machine "Shake It Out", Nelly "Country Grammer", Kanye "Good Life"....I'll admit..I need some more new stuff!

Inspire Me!




Tryin' Stuff

Remember my New Year's Resolution to Try Something new every week? I ended up trying quinoa, a new greek restaurant I have wanted to go to for awhile, doing science experiments with the kids, and learning how to use my Kindle Fire. It was a great month!

Goals for Next Month

-I would like to NOT lose something important this month. I always misplace my keys, drivers license, kids backpacks, shoes, bills. It drive me crazy!! I'm going to come up with something to help change that annoying habit and not lose anything!!

-Stop being negative about my job. When it gets down to it, I am choosing to be there. I need to quit my bitchin' and make the best of it. Having a bad attitude isn't helping anyone.

-Go on my longest training run ever! I want to be up to 5 miles by the end of the month.



See ya later, January!!!!!!!

No comments: