Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Poor Daddy!

So where have I been?! Well, our poor Papa has his own little medical emergency. Here's what's going on...Cory has been complaining of back pain for a couple weeks. He was thinking he may have thrown it out somehow. Well, on Sunday he was in so much pain. He looked really upset and kept having to lay on the ground while helping me with housework. So, I finally said, "where exactly is your pain?" He pointed to his lower side. I said, "Umm that's not your back, that's your kidney!" I told him he should go to the ER to make sure he didn't have kidney stones or something more serious. Well anyone you knows Cory knows how stubborn he is...especially when it comes to doctors or his health (kinda ironic considering I'm a nurse!). Finally, he decided he should go. Turns out, it is a kindey stone about 1 cm big! That's way too big to pass on his own, so he is needing a procedure called lithotripsy. That's when they use shockwave therapy to break up the stone into smaller pieces so he can pass it on his own. Well, more bad news. The machine that they use to do the procedure is a traveling machine and is only here on certain days. They can't get Cory in until October 15th!!! So we are still debating what we should do...He certainly cannot wait over 3 weeks. Financially and physically, he really can't take it! So sorry to those of you I have not been returning phone calls or emails...I've been taking care of 2 babies under the age of 1 and a very sick husband. I will keep you all updated on the situation. Keep Cory in your prayers for some relief!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Holy moly - if there's anything we can do just call. We're here for you guys.