Monday, June 13, 2011

Green!

I love nature. I do not consider myself an outdoorsy girl by any means- but I love sitting in the woods, listening to the sounds of nearby water, birds, and crackling campfires. I love sitting back in a lawn chair with my head back, eyes closed, and the sun shines through the trees and hits my face. Ah! Heaven!




Last week we took my parents camping for my dad's birthday to Kanaskat-Palmer State Park and it was gorgeous.


There is just something about being amongst all that green that makes me appreciate life so much more. Makes me feel connected with Earth and is almost spiritual. Okay, trying not to go too hippie on you here. Sorry, I'm from Washington..what do you expect?!



We hiked, fished, cooked on the campfire, and just hung out. Here are some fun family pics!


Do you like camping? Where are your favorite spots?