Monday, June 20, 2011

5k Test

First off I would like to say Happy Father's Day (yesterday) to all you Daddy-O's out there who read this blog. I think my husband and my dad are the only ones- so Hi guys! I hope you had a good day! Cory was a little spoiled this year. He got a new charcoal BBQ/smoker, a shirt, and a book called "Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters. The grill was his favorite part I think..

On a running note, I finally made it to the middle point of the training plan I laid out a couple months ago. The point of the plan was to very slowly increase my mileage and speed- all without injuring myself.

Well Mr. Hal Higdon I would like to shake your hand because I beat my previous best time and clocked a 32:58 for 3.1 miles. YAY! That's about a 10:40 pace. I did have to stop and walk a couple times, but that's alright. So I'm not sure if it's considered a PR unless it's an official race. What do you think?

I'm off now to eat some yummy burgers on our new grill. Yum!

No comments: