Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday Shopping

So myself, my mom, and my sister headed out to the stores...with Parker and Callie even! We didn't go out until about 8:30, thinking we would miss the big crowds. We were wrong! It seemed the stores were getting worse as the day went on! We hit Walmart, Sears, JcPennys, Shopko,Lowes, Griggs, and attempted Kohls, but decided not to go in after checking out the parker lot line. Here's how I did...
I got Parker-
a winter coat
PJ's
2 pairs of pants
a shirt
a coloring book
crayons
an Elmo book
Total: $18 bucks.

Callie-
hoodie
pants
Total: about $8

Cory-
I cant say because he reads the blog, so lets just say I got 4 items and a stocking stuffer for $53

Miscellaneous Stuff
4 storage bins for $12
Lunch for me, Parker, and my sister $15
Diapers $8

Grand total for Black Friday: $114.00

I wanted to stay under $100, so not bad! How did you do with your shopping trip? I'm now almost totally done with Christmas shopping. I only need stocking stuffers for Callie and Cory, and gifts for other family members, which I'm budgeting another $150 for. I was so excited when I got home to wrap gifts and got into my "Christmas closet", there were a bunch of gifts I had forgot about! Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you did pretty good with your shopping. I was out at 4:30 trying to get to Shopko before they opened. It was pretty crazy but not nearly as bad at Target. We showed up there just before 6:00 and the line was all the way around to the back of the store. My sister-in-law had gotten there early so I just joined her. I was lucky enough to get one of their video camera's they had on sale. I think I spent about the $140 but hey, I got my shopping done. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.