I got this funny email about being a parent to a preemie. I thought it was really funny and would share it with everyone.
You Know You're The Parent of a Preemie When...
1.You use strange initials (C-PAP, CCs, NICU, NG) when discussing your child.
2.You actually remember how many CCs make up an ounce.
3.You count his weight in grams.
4. The skin on your hands is peeling from washing so often!
5.You hesitate when someone asks his/her age, but you know exactly how much he/she weighs!6. The answer to "How old is your baby?" is a story 30 minutes long!
7. When someone asks his birthday, you reply, "Which one?"
8. You start to understand some of the things they say on ER!
9. You turn into Kung-Fu Mom when someone tries to touch your baby.
10. You attempt to measure just how much spit-up he/she just had before you clean it up!
11. You know how much he weighs before putting him on the scale at the doctor's office
12. You cry at Maternity Ward and get mad at Baby Story.
13. You see a 7lb newborn and say "Wow! She's so BIG!"
14. Your baby is months old before he can even go to the mall.
15. You have never explained why your baby is on an apnea monitor.
16. When someone says how tiny your baby is, you argue that he is huge -- and to demonstrate, you whip out pictures of him in NICU.
17. You do a health check on people when they come to your house to visit.
18. You make people wash their hands before going near your child.
19. You want to scream when someone says that she just wants to have this baby now - at week 28, 32, or 34.
20. You are so amazed when someone actually tells you your baby is big for his age!
21. You tried to find a place to buy newborn size diapers in bulk.
22. You called half your relatives when the baby grew out of their first pair of pajamas!
23. You never take your child for granted.
24. You worry about RSV season and it is still weeks away . . .
25. You know what "RSV" stands for.
26. You donate his/her tiny clothes to the NICU and marvel that they seem so small - when they were too large!
27. Your son gets a simple cold and her doc sees her within the hour!
28. People say, "He CAN'T be __ old...he's too little!"
29. It has taken them 5 months to grow INTO newborn clothes!
30. You pick up 2 pounds of ground beef and think that your baby was born at the same weight.
31. You buy "Purell" in bulk
32. You can stare at your baby for hours when he sleeps
That fits us WAY too perfectly!! hahaha!!
Parker had an exciting week. He went to the lab on Monday to have some blood drawn to make sure he isn't anemic. It's just a normal precautionary thing Dr. Taylor ordered. He sure didn't like getting his little foot poked again!! He actually let out a pretty big cry but they gave him "sweeties" (sugar water) again which he remembered from the NICU days.
Last night Parker actually sat in his little bouncer seat that Grandma Teona gave him. He loved it and was even reaching for the little toys in front of him! That was really exciting for us. Then, he got a bath in the big tub instead of the kitchen sink! He used his bath seat that Uncle Chuck gave him and he loved soaking in the warm water. He especially loves getting his hair washed. It's pretty cute! He has mastered lifting his head off my shoulder this week too which is pretty awesome. He's getting so strong!! He's actually starting to wake up now so I better go!!