Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I Got Hacked!

After some technical difficulties..aka I got hacked...I'm back! I hope you guys have had a wonderful month. Everyone at my house has been icky sicky so you didn't miss much around here.

Callie had her 3 year old check up and checked out puuuurrrfect. She has a total phobia of doctors, so getting her in the door took some pushing.. literally. No just kidding. She went in but whined, shook and pouted, refusing to get off my lap. That's okay though she did it and it's over! She ended up weighing around 27 pounds and is in the 25th percentile for weight and height. She's my little petite girl.

Parker was up next with his 4 year old check up. He weighed somewhere around 43 poundish I think. He's in the 50th percentile for height and 90th for weight! His doctor said he isn't concerned in the least with his weight because he's very proportionate to his frame and he's just going to probably be a stalky kid and adult. Hmmmm..maybe built like his Daddy?

As for Parker's health, everything was fine. Parker's doctor left the decision up to me if I want to go back to the ENT to have Parker's adenoids and tonsils taken out. I decided I'm going to wait for now and see how the winter goes. We both came to the conclusion that if he's getting more than a couple sinus infections a year, he should probably go back. OR if he gets just a simple runny nose, and it always turns to an infection-time for another consult. For now, we are going to keep on zyrtec and flonase through the winter, which seems to be Parker's allergy season, and see if that helps.

Another thing we talked about was Parker's leg pain. Every 6-8 weeks Parker's leg pain comes back. Sometimes it lasts a couple hours, sometimes all day. We haven't had an episode in quite a few weeks, but I still wanted to mention it to the doctor. Parker's doctor has never got to actually see him with the leg pain, so next time we are to call and get him right in. He says he will probably order a bone scan. He was trying not to freak me out, but I'm a mom and a nurse, so I think a little freaking out in my head was allowed.

Bubs also got 3 shots. I decided to split them up so he would get so many next year before Kindergarten. He had to be pinned down and screeeeaaamed his head off. When we were leaving the doctor office he was still crying and said, "I can't stop crying Mom!" awwww shots suck!

On another doctors note, I gotta brag about my mama. With all her hard work, exercising and running, her latest lab work all came back NORMAL! No pre-diabetes, no cholesterol problems, kidneys and everything looked great! Her next goal is to get off all her meds. Good job Mom, I am so proud of you!!!! Sometimes when you work so hard and are running mile after mile, it's tough to remember the payoff for your health. It must feel so good to see you just bought yourself years with your family. Run on! :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere. We've missed your updates :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Now I just gotta make it through Christmas lol