Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The First Day of School

School is underway already and I thought I would share some adorable pictures of Parker and Callie.

Parker started Kindergarten this year! It's been a big change from my mom and me "homeschooling" the kids for preschool, but he loves it! I must say I did get a teary after walking away from the school and driving away. Cory and Callie were laughing at me. Callie later told Parker, "did you know mommy was crying because she wants us to stay little forever?!" I get picked on in this family I tell ya! When Parker realized he's going to have to go to school everyday, he got worried and said "But when will I get to hang out with you?!" Aaaaahhh, just melt my heart right now. I love that boy. It seems like everything is going smoothly though, and other than being pretty tired in the afternoon, he's really adjusting well. He's making friends and is always eager to show me his work. It's like pulling teeth to get the kid to share about school with me. He's a man of few words like his Daddy I guess.

"I want to be a Fireman when I grow up!"


My big boy's 1st Day of Kindergarten

Waiting in line for the bell to ring.


Running out of class, happy to see us.


Callie had her first day of preschool the following week. We have a deal this school year that if she can make it the school year with no crying or tears, no whining the night before about going to school the next day- we will get her a tiny little teacup puppy. I guess she thought Scout was going to stay little forever...yeah, he's a horse- not gonna happen girlie. So little Ms. is holding strong. No tears, no whining. She actually says she loves school and asks when she gets to go back. I think this teacher is a much better fit for her. Callie's even made another little friend in class and it's very sweet.

When I grow up I want to be a Chef!


Mom and me picture



Daddy and me picture


Best Buds.


A sign the teacher put up outside of the door.


My big preschooler!


My kids are growing up! Callie goes to class twice a week and Parker 5 days. On those 2 days when I'm by myself, I get to clean the house, go grocery shopping, run errands that I've been putting off, or work on craft projects I've wanted to do, and I'm not going to lie, it's been really nice. But come 11:30, I'm missing my babies and ready to have a crazy house again. It's a whole new chapter in our lives.

No comments: